Profits at the global shipping company FedEx were down 12 percent in the company's second quarter, with a net income of $438 million, down from $497 million in the same quarter last year according to an earnings report issued this morning.
Earnings for the company were $1.39 per diluted share, down from last year's $1.57, an 11 percent decline.
The company blamed Hurricane Sandy for the decrease.
FedEx Ground, the unit based in Moon, experienced a 4 percent growth in revenues with $1.38 billion in revenues for the quarter over last year's $1.33 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan