Profits at the global shipping company FedEx were down 12 percent in the company's second quarter, with a net income of $438 million, down from $497 million in the same quarter last year according to an earnings report issued this morning.
Earnings for the company were $1.39 per diluted share, down from last year's $1.57, an 11 percent decline.
The company blamed Hurricane Sandy for the decrease.
FedEx Ground, the unit based in Moon, experienced a 4 percent growth in revenues with $1.38 billion in revenues for the quarter over last year's $1.33 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?