Profits at the global shipping company FedEx were down 12 percent in the company's second quarter, with a net income of $438 million, down from $497 million in the same quarter last year according to an earnings report issued this morning.
Earnings for the company were $1.39 per diluted share, down from last year's $1.57, an 11 percent decline.
The company blamed Hurricane Sandy for the decrease.
FedEx Ground, the unit based in Moon, experienced a 4 percent growth in revenues with $1.38 billion in revenues for the quarter over last year's $1.33 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems