Profits at the global shipping company FedEx were down 12 percent in the company's second quarter, with a net income of $438 million, down from $497 million in the same quarter last year according to an earnings report issued this morning.
Earnings for the company were $1.39 per diluted share, down from last year's $1.57, an 11 percent decline.
The company blamed Hurricane Sandy for the decrease.
FedEx Ground, the unit based in Moon, experienced a 4 percent growth in revenues with $1.38 billion in revenues for the quarter over last year's $1.33 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women