Actress, multiplatinum recording artist, and fashion designer Selena Gomez will host an exclusive one-night-only concert benefiting the U.S. Fund for UNICEF on the evening of Saturday, January 19th at Best Buy Theater in New York City (1515 Broadway at 44th Street).
The concert marks the third annual Acoustic Charity Concert for Ms. Gomez, a UNICEF Ambassador and avid supporter of UNICEF programs that provide nutrition, clean water, medicine, education, and more to children worldwide.
"Nothing is more important than helping children in need around the globe. I'm thankful that I can use my voice to bring awareness and much-needed funds to UNICEF so they can continue their critical work. Together, with my fans, we can save lives," said Ms. Gomez.
Ms. Gomez was appointed a UNICEF Ambassador in September 2009, and she has enthusiastically used her talents to advocate for the world's most vulnerable children. In January 2011, she performed her second annual Acoustic Charity Concert, raising more than $200,000 for UNICEF programs worldwide.
An active Ambassador, Ms. Gomez recently attended the annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball in New York City where she auctioned off two backstage packages to the highest bidders, raising $40,000 for UNICEF.
Individual tickets to the Selena Gomez Acoustic Charity Concert are $100 and will go on sale Friday, December 21st at 10am ET at Ticketmaster.com. Fan Club members may purchase meet and greet packages beginning Wednesday, December 19th at 10am ET at SelenaGomez.com.
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to save and improve children's lives, providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy, and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when zero children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. Visit unicefusa.org for more information.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women