Discovery Channel says it has not renewed its reality show "American Guns" and won't air re-runs from its past two seasons.
The series wrapped its sophomore season Sept. 5. The ratings hit is about a family who runs a successful gun shop in Colorado.
"'American Guns' concluded earlier this year," the network said in a statement. "Discovery Channel chose not to renew the series and has no plans to air repeats of the show."
E! News said the network did not say whether the decision to cancel the show was directly connected to last week's mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo