Gunman Adam Lanza had no recent connection to Sandy Hook Elementary School where he shot and killed 26 people Friday, and neither did his mother, state police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance says.
However, he said at a Monday afternoon press conference he is unsure if Lanza ever attended classes there as a pupil. Vance also did not release the names of the two adults who suffered gunshot wounds in "lower extremities" and survived.
Their names were not released because they are witnesses, Vance said. He also did not confirm that they worked at the school.
View a slideshow of photos continually updated with new images from our coverage of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
As the investigation continues in a certain, secured portion of the school, furniture is being removed from the rest of the building to move into the location where classes will eventually be held, Vance said. Despite multiple questions for details on evidence, Vance repeatedly declined to confirm the type of evidence found, whether Lanza had attempted to damage it, or when it will eventually be discussed.
Investigators will likely work for months looking for answers, Vance said.
"The answers are for the poor victims, the families, people of Connecticut. They have a need to know and see a clearer picture of exactly what happened here," Vance said. "As I said many times, there are many people, including first responders, Newtown residents, and including people right in this audience that have broken hearts over this, and we're going to do everything that it takes to make sure that we uncover every bit of evidence that we examine every facet of it, that we conduct as many interviews with everyone that we need to do to paint a clear picture of exactly how and why this tragedy occurred."
Vance said no other press conferences will be held today, but that press releases may be posted on the state police website.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- GOP 2016 Hopefuls Face Off at CPAC
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Daylight Savings Time Comes This Weekend
- Heavy Sanctions on Russia Could Backfire on West
- Lindsay Lohan, Jimmy Fallon Get Soaked on 'The Tonight Show': Watch