The 30-year fixed mortgage rate on Zillow Mortgage Marketplace is currently 3.24 percent, up seven basis points from 3.17 percent at this same time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage rate hovered between 3.17 and 3.23 percent for the majority of the week, rising to the current rate this morning.
"Last week, rates crept up slightly after the Federal Reserve announced changes to their bond-buying program that may result in a raise to the federal funds rate and reduce bond-buying more quickly than anticipated, pushing rates up sooner than previously expected," said Erin Lantz, director of Zillow Mortgage Marketplace. "Next week, we expect rates will remain near these levels, unless major progress is made in fiscal cliff negotiations in advance of the holidays."
Zillow's real-time mortgage rates are based on thousands of custom mortgage quotes submitted daily to anonymous borrowers on the Zillow Mortgage Marketplace site, and reflect the most recent changes in the market. These are not marketing rates, or a weekly survey.
The rate for a 15-year fixed home loan is currently 2.57 percent, while the rate for a 5-1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) is 2.4 percent.
Below are current rates for 30-year fixed mortgages by state.
California Mortgage Rates
Colorado Mortgage Rates
Florida Mortgage Rates
Illinois Mortgage Rates
Massachusetts Mortgage Rates
New Jersey Mortgage Rates
New York Mortgage Rates
Pennsylvania Mortgage Rates
Texas Mortgage Rates
Washington Mortgage Rates
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients