CEDAR RAPIDS, IA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/12 -- TaxACT, a leader of affordable digital and download tax preparation solutions, has launched the Student Loan Relief and Cash Prize Giveaway Sweepstakes. The Facebook-based sweepstakes provides college students and graduates the opportunity to pay down their student debt.
Eligible sweepstakes participants can win one of the following:
•Grand Prize -- $5,000 Student Loan Relief Giveaway •Three Monthly $1,500 Student Loan Relief Giveaways •Eight Biweekly $500 Cash Prize Giveaways •Four $500 Cash Prize Referral Giveaways
"We believe how we act as a company, and as individuals, is a measure of who we are," said TaxACT President JoAnn Kintzel. "As a company, we act responsibly and with integrity to provide the best value in tax preparation products. As individuals, we believe financial responsibility and higher education play major roles in our community's future. This sweepstakes recognizes students and graduates who share those same values and act responsibly using their college education to better their communities."
All taxpayers can enter in several ways between now and April 19, 2013:
1. "Like" TaxACT on Facebook
2. Submit a two-minute video or image with a caption explaining how their education will make a difference in their communities
3. Submit a photo with a caption explaining how their education will make a difference in their communities
4. Share the sweepstakes with friends and family on Facebook and Twitter (if a friend or family member wins prize money, the referrer wins $500)
Learn more about the Student Loan Relief and Cash Prize Giveaway Sweepstakes at http://apps.facebook.com/taxactapp.
TaxACT, made by 2nd Story Software, Inc.®, is the critically acclaimed leader of affordable digital and download tax preparation solutions for consumers, business owners and tax professionals. In the 2005 tax season, TaxACT became the first to offer free federal tax software and free e-file to all U.S. taxpayers. TaxACT has been the second most visited online destination for tax preparation services for the past seven consecutive years(1). Since 2000, TaxACT Online has assisted with more than 38 million e-filed federal returns. TaxACT is a business of Blucora, Inc. (NASDAQ: BCOR). Learn more about TaxACT at www.taxact.com and www.taxact.com/press.
(1) According to collective week end reports for taxact.com and taxactonline.com released by Hitwise during the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 tax seasons.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
TaxACT Public Relations
(319) 373-3600 X2193
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Deficit Shrinks, Hiring Grows as Economy Improves