OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/12 -- Today, the Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, congratulated Garda Security Screening Inc. and Teamsters Local Union No. 395 on entering into their first collective agreement.
"I am very pleased that Garda Security Screening Inc. and the Teamsters have entered into their first collective agreement," said Minister Raitt. "Strong labour-management relations support economic prosperity and, in this case, the security of Canadians."
On April 30, 2012, the Canada Industrial Relations Board certified Teamsters Local Union No. 395 to represent approximately 60 employees at Regina International Airport. These employees are responsible for the security screening of passengers, non-passengers and baggage. Their first collective agreement is in effect for three years. Garda is the largest provider of pre-screening services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority.
The agreement was reached with assistance from the Labour Program's Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. The Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service provides dispute resolution and prevention assistance to trade unions and employers under the jurisdiction of the Canada Labour Code.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Follow us on Twitter
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Most Popular Stories
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox