OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/12 -- Today, the Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, congratulated Garda Security Screening Inc. and Teamsters Local Union No. 395 on entering into their first collective agreement.
"I am very pleased that Garda Security Screening Inc. and the Teamsters have entered into their first collective agreement," said Minister Raitt. "Strong labour-management relations support economic prosperity and, in this case, the security of Canadians."
On April 30, 2012, the Canada Industrial Relations Board certified Teamsters Local Union No. 395 to represent approximately 60 employees at Regina International Airport. These employees are responsible for the security screening of passengers, non-passengers and baggage. Their first collective agreement is in effect for three years. Garda is the largest provider of pre-screening services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority.
The agreement was reached with assistance from the Labour Program's Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. The Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service provides dispute resolution and prevention assistance to trade unions and employers under the jurisdiction of the Canada Labour Code.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Follow us on Twitter
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.