OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/12 -- Today, the Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, congratulated Garda Security Screening Inc. and Teamsters Local Union No. 395 on entering into their first collective agreement.
"I am very pleased that Garda Security Screening Inc. and the Teamsters have entered into their first collective agreement," said Minister Raitt. "Strong labour-management relations support economic prosperity and, in this case, the security of Canadians."
On April 30, 2012, the Canada Industrial Relations Board certified Teamsters Local Union No. 395 to represent approximately 60 employees at Regina International Airport. These employees are responsible for the security screening of passengers, non-passengers and baggage. Their first collective agreement is in effect for three years. Garda is the largest provider of pre-screening services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority.
The agreement was reached with assistance from the Labour Program's Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. The Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service provides dispute resolution and prevention assistance to trade unions and employers under the jurisdiction of the Canada Labour Code.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Follow us on Twitter
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Liverpool Sells Luis Suarez to Barcelona