OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/12 -- His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, will attend the launch viewing event of a Russian Soyuz vehicle, with Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield aboard, at the Canadian Space Agency (CSA) (6767, route de l'Aeroport, Saint-Hubert, Quebec) on Wednesday, December 19, 2012, at 6:45 a.m.
On this occasion, His Excellency and Mr. Steve MacLean, President of the CSA, will deliver remarks to invited guests. Live commentary will be provided by CSA astronauts David Saint-Jacques and Robert Thirsk during the launch. For more details on the mission, visit www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/missions/expedition34-35/default.asp.
Eddy Goes to Space!
On December 19, Eddy, Eduzone's mascot, will journey into space with Chris Hadfield en route to the International Space Station. During space missions, astronauts can bring with them a certain number of objects from various organizations. As a symbol of education and learning-a theme that is dear to both the Governor General and Mr. Hadfield-Eddy is the perfect candidate to accompany Mr. Hadfield on this important mission.
Eduzone is a new online tool designed for teachers, educators and students across Canada. It provides educational and multimedia resources to help users learn more about the governor general's role and the history of this position. Follow Eddy's space adventure at www.gg.ca/eduzone.
Journalists who cannot be on-site at the CSA will be able to watch the live webcast at www.asc-csa.gc.ca.
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter.
Rideau Hall Press Office
Media Relations Office
Canadian Space Agency
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women