GLENVIEW, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/12 -- JELL-O®, one of America's most beloved and iconic brands, will try to save the world from the Mayan-predicted apocalypse by appeasing the gods with an unexpected and fun offering of delicious JELL-O Pudding.
In lieu of traditional, boring vegetable offerings to the Mayan gods, JELL-O is offering a fun sacrifice of pudding in an attempt to save the world from the impending apocalypse. Today, JELL-O will share their big plans with 60- and 30-second TV spots called "Fun to the Rescue," created by CP+B. JELL-O will also sponsor apocalypse-themed programming on cable networks throughout the week, all part of the goal to "fun things up."
"Food has been over-intellectualized in the world with 24-hour cooking channels and molecular gastronomy," said Greg Gallagher, Senior Brand Manager, JELL-O, Kraft Foods Group, Inc. "Fun is in the DNA of JELL-O and by inserting ourselves in the cultural conversation of the Mayan apocalypse, we will remind people to have some fun with their food."
To "fun things up" during the potential impending apocalypse, the brand will be engaging spontaneous, fun-seeking Americans by inviting them to share what they'd like to accomplish in the off chance JELL-O is unable to save the world. Through December 20, the brand will randomly select 12 entries each day to win $100 to use toward completing their bucket list.
Here's how to enter:
•Follow @JELLO at Twitter.com/JELLO •Tweet @JELLO with hashtag #funpocalypse •Share what you'd like to cross off your bucket list if the world does end this week from the Mayan apocalypse
See the complete contest rules here: www.hunterpr.com/funpocalypse
Most Popular Stories
- Sony Entertainment Network Offering Music Unlimited Service In Brazil
- Age is not an obstacle [Telegraph-Herald (Dubuque, IA)]
- audio reviews [Telegraph-Herald (Dubuque, IA)]
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- It's alive! Cinema from the slums ; A love of cult movies has turned into a semi-regular night of great bad films
- Coens deliver humorous and deeply felt movie
- Cannes festival surges into top gear ; Coen brothers take poll position in the race for the Palme d'Or
- Fred Armisen, Bill Hader bid special farewells to 'Saturday Night Live'
- Swift leads, Miguel hurts fans at Billboard Awards
- Cannes 2013: The musical side of the Coens' 'Inside Llewyn Davis'