Gold futures on the COMEX division of the New York Mercantile Exchange settled below $1,700 an ounce, nearly flat for the day but down for the week, amid worries lingering over the fiscal cliff.
The most active gold contract for February delivery advanced 20 cents, or 0.01 percent, to settle at $1,697 per ounce.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'