Gold futures on the COMEX division of the New York Mercantile Exchange settled below $1,700 an ounce, nearly flat for the day but down for the week, amid worries lingering over the fiscal cliff.
The most active gold contract for February delivery advanced 20 cents, or 0.01 percent, to settle at $1,697 per ounce.
Most Popular Stories
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities