Gold futures on the COMEX division of the New York Mercantile Exchange settled below $1,700 an ounce, nearly flat for the day but down for the week, amid worries lingering over the fiscal cliff.
The most active gold contract for February delivery advanced 20 cents, or 0.01 percent, to settle at $1,697 per ounce.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook
- Budget Bargain Elusive as Time Runs Out