Gold futures on the COMEX division of the New York Mercantile Exchange settled below $1,700 an ounce, nearly flat for the day but down for the week, amid worries lingering over the fiscal cliff.
The most active gold contract for February delivery advanced 20 cents, or 0.01 percent, to settle at $1,697 per ounce.
Most Popular Stories
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes