Gold futures on the COMEX division of the New York Mercantile Exchange settled below $1,700 an ounce, nearly flat for the day but down for the week, amid worries lingering over the fiscal cliff.
The most active gold contract for February delivery advanced 20 cents, or 0.01 percent, to settle at $1,697 per ounce.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply