"Get Me to the GRAMMYs," -- a unique social media game for music fans nationwide -- will launch Dec. 17 and run through Jan. 29, 2013.
Fans of the Grammy's on Facebook will have the chance to win seven weekly prizes from each of the Grammys' six participating partners -- Delta Air Lines, Harman, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Hitlab, MasterCard, and Proctor & Gamble. Prizes range from music gift cards to the Ultimate Grammys Superfan prize featuring two tickets to the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards. The 55th Annual Grammy Awards will be held on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013, at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles and will be broadcast on CBS from 8 - 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). For updates and breaking news, visit www.grammy.com, and The Recording Academy((R))'s social networks on Twitter and Facebook: www.twitter.com/thegrammys, www.facebook.com/thegrammys.
"We're proud that last year's GRAMMY telecast was the biggest social event in the history of television to date, drawing 13 million social media comments," said Evan Greene, Chief Marketing Officer of The Recording Academy. "There's no denying the power of music fans and their passion to engage others about their favorite artists and their love of music."
The "Get Me to the GRAMMYs" games, including GRAMMY trivia and completing song lyrics, were designed to engage fan dialogue. Participants earn points based on their interaction with each of the partners' Facebook pages and can follow their progress on the leaderboard viewed on the GRAMMY Facebook page, on which complete rules and instructions can be found.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief