New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Sunday called upon President Barack Obama to take decisive action to curb the availability of assault weapons in the United States.
"It's time for the president to stand up and lead," Bloomberg said on the news programme Meet the Press in regard to Friday's school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. "This should be his number one agenda."
"It's so unbelievable," Bloomberg continued, referring to the shooting. "And it only happens in America, and it happens again and again."
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Conference Slated for Hispanic Tech Startups
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- Amazon Doesn't Need Tax Breaks but Gets Offered Millions
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Banks Don't Follow Rules in Mortgage Settlement