New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Sunday called upon President Barack Obama to take decisive action to curb the availability of assault weapons in the United States.
"It's time for the president to stand up and lead," Bloomberg said on the news programme Meet the Press in regard to Friday's school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. "This should be his number one agenda."
"It's so unbelievable," Bloomberg continued, referring to the shooting. "And it only happens in America, and it happens again and again."
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson