Bill Gates has increased his stake in Deere & Co. to 7 percent from 5.8 percent, according to a recent filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Since August of 2011, Gates has increased his stake on the company by 3 million shares for a total of 27.5 million shares. He paid about $238.8 million for the additional shares, including commissions.
All the shares were purchased through Cascade Investment LLC, Gate's investment company. A third of the share were purchased between Dec. 7 and Dec. 10, according to a filing made Dec. 11.
The shares were purchased for "investment purposes," according to the filing.
Deere's stock was up .37 percent to $86.25 per share in midday trading.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter