Bill Gates has increased his stake in Deere & Co. to 7 percent from 5.8 percent, according to a recent filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Since August of 2011, Gates has increased his stake on the company by 3 million shares for a total of 27.5 million shares. He paid about $238.8 million for the additional shares, including commissions.
All the shares were purchased through Cascade Investment LLC, Gate's investment company. A third of the share were purchased between Dec. 7 and Dec. 10, according to a filing made Dec. 11.
The shares were purchased for "investment purposes," according to the filing.
Deere's stock was up .37 percent to $86.25 per share in midday trading.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers