Bill Gates has increased his stake in Deere & Co. to 7 percent from 5.8 percent, according to a recent filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Since August of 2011, Gates has increased his stake on the company by 3 million shares for a total of 27.5 million shares. He paid about $238.8 million for the additional shares, including commissions.
All the shares were purchased through Cascade Investment LLC, Gate's investment company. A third of the share were purchased between Dec. 7 and Dec. 10, according to a filing made Dec. 11.
The shares were purchased for "investment purposes," according to the filing.
Deere's stock was up .37 percent to $86.25 per share in midday trading.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up