Bill Gates has increased his stake in Deere & Co. to 7 percent from 5.8 percent, according to a recent filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Since August of 2011, Gates has increased his stake on the company by 3 million shares for a total of 27.5 million shares. He paid about $238.8 million for the additional shares, including commissions.
All the shares were purchased through Cascade Investment LLC, Gate's investment company. A third of the share were purchased between Dec. 7 and Dec. 10, according to a filing made Dec. 11.
The shares were purchased for "investment purposes," according to the filing.
Deere's stock was up .37 percent to $86.25 per share in midday trading.
Most Popular Stories
- ecoATM Wins Green at LBA Sol Awards
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- Can Barra Break GM's Losing Streak?
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- IBM OK's $5 Billion Stock Buyback
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Apple Pay a Success