Bill Gates has increased his stake in Deere & Co. to 7 percent from 5.8 percent, according to a recent filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Since August of 2011, Gates has increased his stake on the company by 3 million shares for a total of 27.5 million shares. He paid about $238.8 million for the additional shares, including commissions.
All the shares were purchased through Cascade Investment LLC, Gate's investment company. A third of the share were purchased between Dec. 7 and Dec. 10, according to a filing made Dec. 11.
The shares were purchased for "investment purposes," according to the filing.
Deere's stock was up .37 percent to $86.25 per share in midday trading.
Most Popular Stories
- Trial Coming Soon for Soldier in WikiLeaks Case
- Ladies in White Group Needs Help From Abroad
- Financial Markets 'Confused' Over Tolls Ruling: VDOT
- Arias Mistrial Denied Despite Withdrawal of Character Witness
- Mile-wide Tornado Rips Up Oklahoma City
- Wal-Mart Misses Forecast
- Darden Competition for Small Businesses Opens
- Heroin Returns in Florida's War on Pill Mills
- Bernanke Predicts Gains From High Tech
- Fleet Week Canceled in NYC