Masked Palestinians in Hebron said they had formed the National Unity Brigades to start a third Intifada against Israel.
A weekend video posted on You Tube showed eight masked men. One of the men said members of Fatah, Hamas, the Islamic Jihad and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine belong to the new group, the Palestinian news agency Ma'an said.
The masked spokesman said the group decided to embark on a third Intifada (uprising) "from the heart of Hebron so that it could extend to all Palestine," The Jerusalem Post said. He also threatened to kidnap Israeli soldiers.
"We will strike at you with an iron fist with full force if you don't stop your aggression against the Palestinian people," he warned.
The spokesman said the group will "pursue our struggle until we expel the occupation and liberate all Palestine." He said that while the group's members back Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, "we will not give up one inch of the land of Palestine, from the river to the sea."
He called on Israel to remove military checkpoints in the West Bank, release Palestinian prisoners incarcerated in Israel and withdraw from all Palestinian land.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset