Masked Palestinians in Hebron said they had formed the National Unity Brigades to start a third Intifada against Israel.
A weekend video posted on You Tube showed eight masked men. One of the men said members of Fatah, Hamas, the Islamic Jihad and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine belong to the new group, the Palestinian news agency Ma'an said.
The masked spokesman said the group decided to embark on a third Intifada (uprising) "from the heart of Hebron so that it could extend to all Palestine," The Jerusalem Post said. He also threatened to kidnap Israeli soldiers.
"We will strike at you with an iron fist with full force if you don't stop your aggression against the Palestinian people," he warned.
The spokesman said the group will "pursue our struggle until we expel the occupation and liberate all Palestine." He said that while the group's members back Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, "we will not give up one inch of the land of Palestine, from the river to the sea."
He called on Israel to remove military checkpoints in the West Bank, release Palestinian prisoners incarcerated in Israel and withdraw from all Palestinian land.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore