German Chancellor Angela Merkel spoke of her
sadness Saturday at the killing of 20 children at an elementary
school in Newtown, Connecticut and sent condolences to the families.
"The news from Newtown makes me deeply sad. We are confronted once again with a crime that we cannot make sense of," she said. "The thought of the murdered pupils and teachers makes my heart heavy."
"My deep sympathy goes out to the relatives. I wish them strength and care. I hope they do not remain alone in their pain."
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor