German Chancellor Angela Merkel spoke of her
sadness Saturday at the killing of 20 children at an elementary
school in Newtown, Connecticut and sent condolences to the families.
"The news from Newtown makes me deeply sad. We are confronted once again with a crime that we cannot make sense of," she said. "The thought of the murdered pupils and teachers makes my heart heavy."
"My deep sympathy goes out to the relatives. I wish them strength and care. I hope they do not remain alone in their pain."
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause