German Chancellor Angela Merkel spoke of her
sadness Saturday at the killing of 20 children at an elementary
school in Newtown, Connecticut and sent condolences to the families.
"The news from Newtown makes me deeply sad. We are confronted once again with a crime that we cannot make sense of," she said. "The thought of the murdered pupils and teachers makes my heart heavy."
"My deep sympathy goes out to the relatives. I wish them strength and care. I hope they do not remain alone in their pain."
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17