German Chancellor Angela Merkel spoke of her
sadness Saturday at the killing of 20 children at an elementary
school in Newtown, Connecticut and sent condolences to the families.
"The news from Newtown makes me deeply sad. We are confronted once again with a crime that we cannot make sense of," she said. "The thought of the murdered pupils and teachers makes my heart heavy."
"My deep sympathy goes out to the relatives. I wish them strength and care. I hope they do not remain alone in their pain."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women