U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton suffered a concussion when she fainted after becoming dehydrated from a stomach bug, her office said Saturday.
A spokesman said Clinton will work from home next week, CNN reported. She canceled a planned trip to Morocco, where she was to recognize Syrian rebels because of her illness.
"While suffering from a stomach virus, Secretary Clinton became dehydrated and fainted, sustaining a concussion. She has been recovering at home and will continue to be monitored regularly by her doctors. At their recommendation, she will continue to work from home next week, staying in regular contact with Department and other officials. She is looking forward to being back in the office soon," Philippe Reines, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State, said.
Her office announced that Clinton, on Dec. 18, will hold her fourth "Diplomacy at Home for the Holidays" reception. The event honors the work of U.S. government employees who are separated from their families while on overseas assignments.
The reception will be at the State Department with a performance by singer James Taylor and his wife, Caroline.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton