Yahoo on Tuesday updated its e- mail
service across several platforms to enhance user experience with
speed and simplicity.
"The new Yahoo Mail is fast, easy and available anywhere you go," said Yahoo Chief Executive Officer Marissa Mayer in a post on the company's official blog.
Yahoo re-designed the e-mail service with speed in mind, saying it will save all of its users a combined 36 million minutes every day, according to Vivek Sharma, general manager of Yahoo Mail & Messenger.
The inbox is also more intuitive and easier to navigate and has a consistent look and feel across multiple platforms.
The improvements will be available on the major platforms, namely web, Windows 8, Android as well as Apple's iOS for iPhone and iPod touch devices.
Apple said its mail apps are now available for download in Apple App Store, Google Play and Windows Store. The new web version will be rolled out over the next few days.
Launched in 1997, Yahoo Mail has around 310 million users as of October 2011, according to statistics from Internet market research company comScore. Along with Microsoft's Windows Live Hotmail and Google's Gmail, it is one of the most popular e-mail services in the world.
(c) 2012 Xinhua News Agency - CEIS. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying