Yahoo on Tuesday updated its e- mail
service across several platforms to enhance user experience with
speed and simplicity.
"The new Yahoo Mail is fast, easy and available anywhere you go," said Yahoo Chief Executive Officer Marissa Mayer in a post on the company's official blog.
Yahoo re-designed the e-mail service with speed in mind, saying it will save all of its users a combined 36 million minutes every day, according to Vivek Sharma, general manager of Yahoo Mail & Messenger.
The inbox is also more intuitive and easier to navigate and has a consistent look and feel across multiple platforms.
The improvements will be available on the major platforms, namely web, Windows 8, Android as well as Apple's iOS for iPhone and iPod touch devices.
Apple said its mail apps are now available for download in Apple App Store, Google Play and Windows Store. The new web version will be rolled out over the next few days.
Launched in 1997, Yahoo Mail has around 310 million users as of October 2011, according to statistics from Internet market research company comScore. Along with Microsoft's Windows Live Hotmail and Google's Gmail, it is one of the most popular e-mail services in the world.
(c) 2012 Xinhua News Agency - CEIS. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide