At least one person was killed Friday in a shooting at a primary school in the north-eastern U.S. state of Connecticut, local media reported.
A person believed to be the shooter was dead and several other people were wounded at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, the Hartford Courant newspaper reported.
Details about the alleged gunman and a possible motive were unknown.
The school educates pupils roughly from age 5 to 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- Google Wants to Share PRISM Information
- Charitable Giving Sees Encouraging Growth