At least one person was killed Friday in a shooting at a primary school in the north-eastern U.S. state of Connecticut, local media reported.
A person believed to be the shooter was dead and several other people were wounded at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, the Hartford Courant newspaper reported.
Details about the alleged gunman and a possible motive were unknown.
The school educates pupils roughly from age 5 to 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s