At least one person was killed Friday in a shooting at a primary school in the north-eastern U.S. state of Connecticut, local media reported.
A person believed to be the shooter was dead and several other people were wounded at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, the Hartford Courant newspaper reported.
Details about the alleged gunman and a possible motive were unknown.
The school educates pupils roughly from age 5 to 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25