At least one person was killed Friday in a shooting at a primary school in the north-eastern U.S. state of Connecticut, local media reported.
A person believed to be the shooter was dead and several other people were wounded at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, the Hartford Courant newspaper reported.
Details about the alleged gunman and a possible motive were unknown.
The school educates pupils roughly from age 5 to 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go