At least one person was killed Friday in a shooting at a primary school in the north-eastern U.S. state of Connecticut, local media reported.
A person believed to be the shooter was dead and several other people were wounded at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, the Hartford Courant newspaper reported.
Details about the alleged gunman and a possible motive were unknown.
The school educates pupils roughly from age 5 to 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia