Two Wednesday Powerball drawings have produced two $50 million winners.
Assuming they both come forward.
Last night, the top prize was won in Massachusetts when one ticket purchased there matched all the numbers drawn: 8, 10, 25, 36 and 44, with a Powerball of 28.
Only one ticket, sold in Illinois, matched five to win $1 million.
Last week, a Bucks County ticket won $50 million in Powerball. It matched all the numbers -- 13, 17, 19, 27 and 38, with a Powerball of 12 -- and was purchased at Levittown News & Tobacco, 411 S. Oxford Valley Road, in Fairless Hills.
Here are some other recent lottery wins in the region.
$1 million won in Lancaster County. In Tuesday's Mega Millions drawing, nobody matched all the numbers -- 39, 44, 51, 52 and 54, with a Mega Ball of 13 -- so the jackpot rolled over to $35 million for Friday's drawing. A Lancaster County ticket was the only one nationwide to match the first five numbers, and the usual $250,000 payout was boosted to $1 million because the player also had the Megaplier prize-multiplying option. It was purchased at A Jay's Mini Mart, 300 E. Main St., in Terre Hill.
Cash 5 jackpot won in Philadelphia. A ticket for the Monday, Dec. 10, drawing purchased at an Acme on Roosevelt Boulevard won $325,000 by matching all the numbers: 15, 17, 22, 29 and 36.
Cash 5 jackpot won in Delaware County. The same amount -- $325,000 -- was won by ticket purchased for the Dec. 7 drawing at a ShopRite on Chester Pike in Eddystone. It matched all five numbers: 16, 22, 26, 31 and 32.
For more information, go to www.philly.com/philly/news/lottery, www.palottery.com, or www.njlottery.net.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare