Nielsen Holdings N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) controlling shareholders said they have agreed to change the size and composition of the board of directors of the company by reducing their overall board representation.
The board of directors will be reduced to 11 members, with one director each from The Blackstone Group, The Carlyle Group, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Thomas H. Lee Partners, Hellman & Friedman and Centerview Partners. The remainder of the board is unchanged and will be comprised of Nielsen CEO David Calhoun and four independent directors. The private equity sponsors will continue to control the board due to their current majority ownership and their existing contractual arrangements.
"This is a natural progression for Nielsen, and will enable a more efficient and streamlined board that allows for more effective governance," said David Calhoun, CEO, Nielsen.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South