Nielsen Holdings N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) controlling shareholders said they have agreed to change the size and composition of the board of directors of the company by reducing their overall board representation.
The board of directors will be reduced to 11 members, with one director each from The Blackstone Group, The Carlyle Group, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Thomas H. Lee Partners, Hellman & Friedman and Centerview Partners. The remainder of the board is unchanged and will be comprised of Nielsen CEO David Calhoun and four independent directors. The private equity sponsors will continue to control the board due to their current majority ownership and their existing contractual arrangements.
"This is a natural progression for Nielsen, and will enable a more efficient and streamlined board that allows for more effective governance," said David Calhoun, CEO, Nielsen.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists