The alleged gunman in a deadly shooting at a U.S.
elementary school Friday was the son of one of the school's teachers,
NBC News reported.
The woman, a kindergarten teacher, was among the dead and many of the children killed were insider her classroom, the broadcaster quoted law enforcement officials as saying.
Another family member was found dead at the shooter's home.
The alleged shooter had been identified by multiple US media outlets as Ryan Lanza, 24.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- AC/DC Denies Rumor It's Done Rocking
- U.S. Capacity Utlization Rate Rose More Than Expected in March
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen