In the wee hours of this morning, a declaration of citizenship on ballots was inserted into a bill that would require village elections to be held in November.
The bill passed on a 71-36 vote.
The citizenship box was put on ballots by Secretary of State Ruth Johnson for the presidential primary in February without legislative authority. When the legislature did pass a bill with that requirement, Gov. Rick Snyder vetoed that portion of the bill.
The new citizenship declaration has to go back to the Senate for its concurrence before it can head to Snyder.
Most Popular Stories
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Federal Rules Least of Coal Industry's Problems
- New 'Arrested Development' Episodes 'Dressed Up'
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- Yahoo Indeed Buying Tumblr
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina