L.A. Reid told "Access Hollywood" he will not return as a judge for a third season of "The X Factor."
The Epic Records boss currently serves on the panel for the Los Angeles-based singing competition show, alongside Simon Cowell, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato.
"I have decided that I will not return to 'The X Factor' next year," he told "Access Hollywood."
"I have to go back and I have a company to run that I've kind of neglected and it saddens me a little bit, but only a little bit," Reid said. "It was a nice break, it was a nice departure from what I've done for the past 20 years, but now I gotta go back to work. ... I have a huge responsibility to a roster of artists and it's kind of time for me to stop doing the 'me' show."
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals