L.A. Reid told "Access Hollywood" he will not return as a judge for a third season of "The X Factor."
The Epic Records boss currently serves on the panel for the Los Angeles-based singing competition show, alongside Simon Cowell, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato.
"I have decided that I will not return to 'The X Factor' next year," he told "Access Hollywood."
"I have to go back and I have a company to run that I've kind of neglected and it saddens me a little bit, but only a little bit," Reid said. "It was a nice break, it was a nice departure from what I've done for the past 20 years, but now I gotta go back to work. ... I have a huge responsibility to a roster of artists and it's kind of time for me to stop doing the 'me' show."
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up