L.A. Reid told "Access Hollywood" he will not return as a judge for a third season of "The X Factor."
The Epic Records boss currently serves on the panel for the Los Angeles-based singing competition show, alongside Simon Cowell, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato.
"I have decided that I will not return to 'The X Factor' next year," he told "Access Hollywood."
"I have to go back and I have a company to run that I've kind of neglected and it saddens me a little bit, but only a little bit," Reid said. "It was a nice break, it was a nice departure from what I've done for the past 20 years, but now I gotta go back to work. ... I have a huge responsibility to a roster of artists and it's kind of time for me to stop doing the 'me' show."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11