L.A. Reid told "Access Hollywood" he will not return as a judge for a third season of "The X Factor."
The Epic Records boss currently serves on the panel for the Los Angeles-based singing competition show, alongside Simon Cowell, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato.
"I have decided that I will not return to 'The X Factor' next year," he told "Access Hollywood."
"I have to go back and I have a company to run that I've kind of neglected and it saddens me a little bit, but only a little bit," Reid said. "It was a nice break, it was a nice departure from what I've done for the past 20 years, but now I gotta go back to work. ... I have a huge responsibility to a roster of artists and it's kind of time for me to stop doing the 'me' show."
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say