MUNICH, GERMANY -- (Marketwire) -- 12/14/12 -- The Courtyard by Marriott Munich City Center recently invited the children of the Schwanthalerstraße kindergarten on a day trip to the hotel in Munich to help create a big colorful gingerbread house in celebration of the holiday season.
In preparation for the event, the hotel's kitchen team built a large house out of freshly-baked gingerbread joined together with gum paste before the children arrived. On December 4, the children, ranging in age from 3 to 6 years, let their creativity run free as they joined hotel staff in decorating the big house with colorful goodies. What started out as an empty shell of a gingerbread house soon became a colorful masterpiece, decorated imaginatively with goodies of all kinds. After a break for a delicious lunch, the children were then given smaller, personal gingerbread houses to decorate. At the end of the day, children were able to take home their self-decorated houses, child-sized aprons and a special gift from Santa Claus himself.
Interested in seeing the work of art the children and staff created? The large gingerbread house will be on display at the Courtyard by Marriott Munich City Center until the end of the year.
About the Courtyard by Marriott Munich City Center
The Courtyard by Marriott Munich City Center welcomes travelers with comfortable accommodations right in the heart of the city. Spacious Munich hotel rooms with air-conditioning, refrigerators and comfortable bedding create a home-away-from-home for travelers of all varieties. The hotel's restaurant, Oleo-Pazzo, not only offers delicious Mediterranean dishes, but also a spectacular show kitchen where diners can watch their meals being made. Planning an event? Choose from one of 4 meeting rooms to host your group, or book the La Piazza Ballroom to accommodate groups of up to 165 people. With attractions like the Hofbrauhaus famous beer hall and the many green parks around the city, this Munich hotel near the train station is close to everything a visitor to Munich could want.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2182823
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Courtyard by Marriott Munich City Center
Munich, Bavaria 80336
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes