All the joyous pageantry of a musical Mexican Christmas comes to the stage on Saturday at San Bernardino's historic California Theatre of the Performing Arts. For the 14th year, Sinfonia Mexicana celebrates the season with its spectacular "Merri-Achi Christmas."
The program will feature Mariachi Sol de Mexico de Jose Hernandez with special guest Grandeza Mexicana Folk Ballet Company and a special presentation by Sinfonia Mexicana's Mariachi Youth Academy.
Tony Bocanegra, Sinfonia executive director, said the group is proud to have Jose Hernandez back.
"We have top talent -- one of the best Christmas shows we've ever had," he said.
Hernandez has arranged, composed and conducted for numerous international symphony orchestras, and has traveled the world performing in sold-out concerts. His platinum-selling Mariachi Sol de Mexico became the first mariachi ensemble to be nominated twice for a Grammy.
Grandeza Mexicana Folk Ballet Company, with more than 30 dancers, is Los Angeles' premier Mexican folk dance company. The Mariachi Youth Academy, established in 2009 in San Bernardino by Sinfonia Mexicana, offers area youth the opportunity to learn and perform mariachi music.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006