All the joyous pageantry of a musical Mexican Christmas comes to the stage on Saturday at San Bernardino's historic California Theatre of the Performing Arts. For the 14th year, Sinfonia Mexicana celebrates the season with its spectacular "Merri-Achi Christmas."
The program will feature Mariachi Sol de Mexico de Jose Hernandez with special guest Grandeza Mexicana Folk Ballet Company and a special presentation by Sinfonia Mexicana's Mariachi Youth Academy.
Tony Bocanegra, Sinfonia executive director, said the group is proud to have Jose Hernandez back.
"We have top talent -- one of the best Christmas shows we've ever had," he said.
Hernandez has arranged, composed and conducted for numerous international symphony orchestras, and has traveled the world performing in sold-out concerts. His platinum-selling Mariachi Sol de Mexico became the first mariachi ensemble to be nominated twice for a Grammy.
Grandeza Mexicana Folk Ballet Company, with more than 30 dancers, is Los Angeles' premier Mexican folk dance company. The Mariachi Youth Academy, established in 2009 in San Bernardino by Sinfonia Mexicana, offers area youth the opportunity to learn and perform mariachi music.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'