The Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey (SHCC) has named Marco Gonzalez Jr. as its Business Professional of the Year for the legal industry, it was announced today. Gonzalez, a partner at the Duane Morris law firm, received the award from Newark Mayor Cory Booker on Dec. 11 at a luncheon at Rutgers University.
Gonzalez practices in the areas of civil, compliance and environmental litigation, white-collar crime, and internal corporate investigations, and is an expert in Freedom of Information Act concerns. He is a co-founder of Duane Morris' Puerto Rico Practice Group and is co-chairman of the firm's Cuba Business Group.
A Marine Corps veteran, Gonzalez is a past president and current general counsel of the Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey.
Related: Cory Booker: National Acclaim, Slogging in Newark
The SHCC, representing some 75,000 businesses across New Jersey and the Philadelphia region, is a network of Hispanic chambers of commerce, professional and business associations, individuals, and enterprises.
Duane Morris LLP is a global law firm with more than 700 attorneys. For information on its diversity and inclusion program, click here.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- 18 L.A. Sheriff's Deputies Face U.S. Charges
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women