The Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey (SHCC) has named Marco Gonzalez Jr. as its Business Professional of the Year for the legal industry, it was announced today. Gonzalez, a partner at the Duane Morris law firm, received the award from Newark Mayor Cory Booker on Dec. 11 at a luncheon at Rutgers University.
Gonzalez practices in the areas of civil, compliance and environmental litigation, white-collar crime, and internal corporate investigations, and is an expert in Freedom of Information Act concerns. He is a co-founder of Duane Morris' Puerto Rico Practice Group and is co-chairman of the firm's Cuba Business Group.
A Marine Corps veteran, Gonzalez is a past president and current general counsel of the Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey.
Related: Cory Booker: National Acclaim, Slogging in Newark
The SHCC, representing some 75,000 businesses across New Jersey and the Philadelphia region, is a network of Hispanic chambers of commerce, professional and business associations, individuals, and enterprises.
Duane Morris LLP is a global law firm with more than 700 attorneys. For information on its diversity and inclusion program, click here.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11