The Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey (SHCC) has named Marco Gonzalez Jr. as its Business Professional of the Year for the legal industry, it was announced today. Gonzalez, a partner at the Duane Morris law firm, received the award from Newark Mayor Cory Booker on Dec. 11 at a luncheon at Rutgers University.
Gonzalez practices in the areas of civil, compliance and environmental litigation, white-collar crime, and internal corporate investigations, and is an expert in Freedom of Information Act concerns. He is a co-founder of Duane Morris' Puerto Rico Practice Group and is co-chairman of the firm's Cuba Business Group.
A Marine Corps veteran, Gonzalez is a past president and current general counsel of the Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey.
Related: Cory Booker: National Acclaim, Slogging in Newark
The SHCC, representing some 75,000 businesses across New Jersey and the Philadelphia region, is a network of Hispanic chambers of commerce, professional and business associations, individuals, and enterprises.
Duane Morris LLP is a global law firm with more than 700 attorneys. For information on its diversity and inclusion program, click here.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women