The Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey (SHCC) has named Marco Gonzalez Jr. as its Business Professional of the Year for the legal industry, it was announced today. Gonzalez, a partner at the Duane Morris law firm, received the award from Newark Mayor Cory Booker on Dec. 11 at a luncheon at Rutgers University.
Gonzalez practices in the areas of civil, compliance and environmental litigation, white-collar crime, and internal corporate investigations, and is an expert in Freedom of Information Act concerns. He is a co-founder of Duane Morris' Puerto Rico Practice Group and is co-chairman of the firm's Cuba Business Group.
A Marine Corps veteran, Gonzalez is a past president and current general counsel of the Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey.
Related: Cory Booker: National Acclaim, Slogging in Newark
The SHCC, representing some 75,000 businesses across New Jersey and the Philadelphia region, is a network of Hispanic chambers of commerce, professional and business associations, individuals, and enterprises.
Duane Morris LLP is a global law firm with more than 700 attorneys. For information on its diversity and inclusion program, click here.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists