The Board of Directors of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE)
today raised the Company's quarterly dividend by 12%, or $0.02 per
outstanding share of the Company's common stock, to $0.19 per
outstanding share of the Company's common stock. The Board declared that
the dividend is payable January 25, 2013 to shareowners of record at the
close of business on December 24, 2012. The ex-dividend date is December
In addition, the Board increased the existing share-repurchase authorization by $10 billion and extended the repurchase plan through 2015, which otherwise would have expired on December 31, 2013. As of the end of the third quarter of 2012, the plan had approximately $4.9 billion in remaining authorization.
"We are pleased to increase GE's quarterly dividend for the fifth time in three years," GE Chairman and CEO Jeff Immelt said. "In addition to investing in long-term growth, returning cash to our shareholders remains a top priority. Coupled with our strong operational outlook, today's announcement underscores our balanced and disciplined approach to capital allocation."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women