Rita Athas is stepping down as president of World Business Chicago, effective in early 2013. She'll remain on until her replacement is named, the organization said.
World Business plans a national search early next year for her replacement. The A search committee will be named by World Business Chicago Vice Chairman Michael Sacks.
"I am focused on bringing jobs and attracting business to Chicago, and World Business Chicago is critical to that effort," Mayor Emanuel said in a statement. "Rita has been key to the success of World Business Chicago and I am thankful for her work there and look forward to working with the new leadership of World Business Chicago to continue these efforts."
Athas said she considereded it an honor to represent the city and to work with both former Mayor Richard M. Daley and current Mayor Rahm Emanuel, but it was time to step aside after 15 years.
"It is time for another chapter, one that involves a combination of different challenges and things I would like to do but haven't had the time," Athas said in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women