A number of short-range ballistic
missiles had been launched inside Syria this week, a NATO official
said on Wednesday.
"Allied intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets have detected the launch of a number of unguided, short-range ballistic missiles inside Syria this week," the official told Xinhua by phone.
"We do not know the details of the missiles, but trajectory and distance travelled indicate they were Scud-type missiles. The missiles were fired from inside Syria and they impacted inside Syria," he said.
The NATO official said no missile landed in Turkish territory and the military alliance had no information about casualties and damage on the ground.
However, the news cannot be verified from the Syrian side at present.
(c) 2012 Xinhua News Agency - CEIS. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- House Votes to Make Bonus Depreciation Permanent
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Wells Fargo Profit Up, Revenue Down
- Liverpool Sells Luis Suarez to Barcelona