A number of short-range ballistic
missiles had been launched inside Syria this week, a NATO official
said on Wednesday.
"Allied intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets have detected the launch of a number of unguided, short-range ballistic missiles inside Syria this week," the official told Xinhua by phone.
"We do not know the details of the missiles, but trajectory and distance travelled indicate they were Scud-type missiles. The missiles were fired from inside Syria and they impacted inside Syria," he said.
The NATO official said no missile landed in Turkish territory and the military alliance had no information about casualties and damage on the ground.
However, the news cannot be verified from the Syrian side at present.
(c) 2012 Xinhua News Agency - CEIS. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic