A number of short-range ballistic
missiles had been launched inside Syria this week, a NATO official
said on Wednesday.
"Allied intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets have detected the launch of a number of unguided, short-range ballistic missiles inside Syria this week," the official told Xinhua by phone.
"We do not know the details of the missiles, but trajectory and distance travelled indicate they were Scud-type missiles. The missiles were fired from inside Syria and they impacted inside Syria," he said.
The NATO official said no missile landed in Turkish territory and the military alliance had no information about casualties and damage on the ground.
However, the news cannot be verified from the Syrian side at present.
(c) 2012 Xinhua News Agency - CEIS. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4