A number of short-range ballistic
missiles had been launched inside Syria this week, a NATO official
said on Wednesday.
"Allied intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets have detected the launch of a number of unguided, short-range ballistic missiles inside Syria this week," the official told Xinhua by phone.
"We do not know the details of the missiles, but trajectory and distance travelled indicate they were Scud-type missiles. The missiles were fired from inside Syria and they impacted inside Syria," he said.
The NATO official said no missile landed in Turkish territory and the military alliance had no information about casualties and damage on the ground.
However, the news cannot be verified from the Syrian side at present.
(c) 2012 Xinhua News Agency - CEIS. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant