U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice
has withdrawn from consideration to become secretary of state,
NBC News reported Thursday.
Rice was long considered a top contender for the job, but her hopes of succeeding Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton had dimmed amid criticism from Republican lawmakers over her early, faulty explanation of the deadly Benghazi attack in September.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe