U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice
has withdrawn from consideration to become secretary of state,
NBC News reported Thursday.
Rice was long considered a top contender for the job, but her hopes of succeeding Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton had dimmed amid criticism from Republican lawmakers over her early, faulty explanation of the deadly Benghazi attack in September.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops