Miami and L.A. Kids Learn Through Play in the World of CBeebies --> MIAMI and LOS ANGELES, Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- It was fun and games with a purpose as children from the Miami Children's Hospital Foundation and their parents were introduced to the colorful, exciting world of CBeebies in a special Learning through Play event at the Miami Children's Museum in the past weeks, in an event organized by DishLATINO and the preschool channel.
The next CBeebies event will take place in Pasadena, California on Saturday, December 15 at the Los Angeles Kid Space Museum. The event, which is open to the public, will allow children and their guests to interact with CBeebies' colorful onscreen characters "live," up close and in person. All children attending the activity will be treated to a photo session featuring CBeebies characters, arts and crafts, face painting, balloon art and the opportunity to participate in raffles.
CBeebies is the preschool brand of BBC Worldwide Channels and is nationally available 100% in Spanish, on DISH Network, Channel 848. CBeebies is an educational channel that is both interactive and entertaining. It is designed, developed and produced by preschool specialists to entertain while providing a valuable learning experience.
CBeebies invites U.S. Hispanic children to "learn through play" using music, movement, storytelling, pictures, numbers, simple science and history, encouraging children to use their imaginations while providing positive role models.
CBeebies began broadcasting in Mexico and the U.S. in 2008, soon spread to Central and South America and is the first pay TV channel recognized and recommended by specialized agencies such as the Mexican Association of Pediatrics (AMP) for their educational capacity programming and high quality content. Celebrating Hispanic heritage, CBeebies is broadcast in the United States 100% in Spanish, supporting bilingual education programs and conservation of Spanish in the bicultural Latino community, in addition to learning a second language in the rest of the population preschool in the United States. CBeebies is distributed by BBC Worldwide Channels Latin America & U.S. Hispanic based in Miami, Florida and is available on channel 848 package from DishLATINO in DISH Networks, and channel 1085 of the iO platform in Spanish Cablevision and Channel 1727, in the Verizon FiOS TV platform.
SOURCE CBeebies; DishLATINO
Most Popular Stories
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- Brothel Write-offs Cost Taxpayers Millions, Coburn Says
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy
- GLAAD Denounces 'Duck Dynasty' Star for Remarks About Gays