Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and Jon Bon Jovi helped raise more than $30 million for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts at a star-studded New York concert.
Springsteen and his E Street Band kicked off Wednesday night's show by playing their moving anthem "My City in Ruins."
The 6-hour-long 12-12-12 concert at Madison Square Garden also included performances by the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and the surviving members of Nirvana, Roger Waters, Chris Martin, Kanye West, Alicia Keys and Adam Sandler.
The New York Post said the amount of money raised is expected to climb higher once pledges from TV and Internet viewers are tabulated.
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Google Wants to Share PRISM Information
- Charitable Giving Sees Encouraging Growth