Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and Jon Bon Jovi helped raise more than $30 million for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts at a star-studded New York concert.
Springsteen and his E Street Band kicked off Wednesday night's show by playing their moving anthem "My City in Ruins."
The 6-hour-long 12-12-12 concert at Madison Square Garden also included performances by the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and the surviving members of Nirvana, Roger Waters, Chris Martin, Kanye West, Alicia Keys and Adam Sandler.
The New York Post said the amount of money raised is expected to climb higher once pledges from TV and Internet viewers are tabulated.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women