Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and Jon Bon Jovi helped raise more than $30 million for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts at a star-studded New York concert.
Springsteen and his E Street Band kicked off Wednesday night's show by playing their moving anthem "My City in Ruins."
The 6-hour-long 12-12-12 concert at Madison Square Garden also included performances by the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and the surviving members of Nirvana, Roger Waters, Chris Martin, Kanye West, Alicia Keys and Adam Sandler.
The New York Post said the amount of money raised is expected to climb higher once pledges from TV and Internet viewers are tabulated.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag