Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and Jon Bon Jovi helped raise more than $30 million for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts at a star-studded New York concert.
Springsteen and his E Street Band kicked off Wednesday night's show by playing their moving anthem "My City in Ruins."
The 6-hour-long 12-12-12 concert at Madison Square Garden also included performances by the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and the surviving members of Nirvana, Roger Waters, Chris Martin, Kanye West, Alicia Keys and Adam Sandler.
The New York Post said the amount of money raised is expected to climb higher once pledges from TV and Internet viewers are tabulated.
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia