Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and Jon Bon Jovi helped raise more than $30 million for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts at a star-studded New York concert.
Springsteen and his E Street Band kicked off Wednesday night's show by playing their moving anthem "My City in Ruins."
The 6-hour-long 12-12-12 concert at Madison Square Garden also included performances by the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and the surviving members of Nirvana, Roger Waters, Chris Martin, Kanye West, Alicia Keys and Adam Sandler.
The New York Post said the amount of money raised is expected to climb higher once pledges from TV and Internet viewers are tabulated.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March