Attorney General Eric Holder's Task Force on Children Exposed to Violence will present their final report and recommendations on Wednesday, December 12, during the quarterly meeting of the Coordinating Council on Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (Council). The event will be live-streamed at www.capitolconnection.net/capcon/DOJ/121212/DOJ121212.htm.
As part of Attorney General Holder's Defending Childhood initiative, the task force held four public hearings and engaged experts, community leaders, policy makers, and researchers on strategies to respond to children who experience violence directly or as observers.
The Council, whose membership includes the Cabinet officials and heads of 12 federal agencies and nine practitioners, coordinates federal programs for delinquency prevention, detention or care for unaccompanied juveniles, and missing and exploited children.
WHAT: Discussion and presentation of the final report and recommendations of the Attorney General's Task Force on Children Exposed to Violence
WHO: Attorney General Eric HolderJoe Torre, Task Force Co-Chair, Major League Baseball Executive Vice President of Baseball Operations and Chairman of the Joe Torre Safe at Home(R) FoundationRobert Listenbee, Jr., Task Force Co-Chair, Chief of the Juvenile Unit of the Defender Association of PhiladelphiaMembers of the Task ForceMembers of the Coordinating Council
WHERE: 810 7(th) Street NorthwestWashington, D.C.
WHEN: Wednesday, December 12, 201210 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. EST
For more information: Attorney General's Task Force on Children Exposed to Violence: justice.gov/defendingchildhood/task-force.htmlDefending Childhood Initiative: justice.gov/defendingchildhoodCoordinating Council on Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention: juvenilecouncil.gov/
Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs
CONTACT: Starr Stepp, Office of Justice Programs, (202) 307-0703
Web site: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women