TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/12/12 -- Solid Gold Resources Corp. ("Solid Gold") (TSX VENTURE: SLD) announced that its board of directors has received a shareholder requisition requesting that the directors call a special meeting of Solid Gold's shareholders for the purpose of electing a new board of directors consisting of three new directors and one incumbent director. The shareholder making the requisition, namely Andre Tanguay, states that he owns not less than 5% of Solid Gold's outstanding shares.
The board is currently considering the request. The board will review the requisition and respond appropriately, at which time further disclosure will be forthcoming. Solid Gold is committed to considering the views of its shareholders and making decisions in the best interests of its shareholders.
Business of Solid Gold Resources Corp.
Solid Gold is a junior mining exploration and development company, which controls a +/-200-square-kilometer prospect hosting potential for discovery of economic mineralization at Lake Abitibi near the Porcupine Fault zone in Northern Ontario.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Solid Gold Resources Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million