TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/12/12 -- Solid Gold Resources Corp. ("Solid Gold") (TSX VENTURE: SLD) announced that its board of directors has received a shareholder requisition requesting that the directors call a special meeting of Solid Gold's shareholders for the purpose of electing a new board of directors consisting of three new directors and one incumbent director. The shareholder making the requisition, namely Andre Tanguay, states that he owns not less than 5% of Solid Gold's outstanding shares.
The board is currently considering the request. The board will review the requisition and respond appropriately, at which time further disclosure will be forthcoming. Solid Gold is committed to considering the views of its shareholders and making decisions in the best interests of its shareholders.
Business of Solid Gold Resources Corp.
Solid Gold is a junior mining exploration and development company, which controls a +/-200-square-kilometer prospect hosting potential for discovery of economic mineralization at Lake Abitibi near the Porcupine Fault zone in Northern Ontario.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Solid Gold Resources Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million