Quantum International Corp. announced today it will expand
its focus on robotics to include powerful new automated accessories and
peripherals designed for use with Apple devices,
including the new iPad Mini.
"The demand for peripheral devices capable of augmenting the abilities of these powerful tablets is growing by the day," said Quantum CEO Robert Federowicz. "Thanks to our experience in the field of robotics, our company is uniquely positioned to produce incredible new accessories that will stretch the world's understanding of what an iPad or iPhone can do."
Sales of iPads and other tablets have been particularly strong in 2012. Market researcher IDC estimates that 122.3 million tablets were sold this year alone. The future looks bright as well: IDC estimates that 282.7 million tablets will be sold in 2016.
That's good news for makers of tablet accessories. The market for iOS accessories is currently worth $2.3 billion and growing fast.
"Even a small slice of that enormous global market would bring in revenues of tens of millions of dollars," Federowicz said.
For more information on Quantum International's robotics initiatives, please visitwww.quantuminnovators.com/investors.html.
Quantum International Corp. (OTCBB: QUAN) is working to develop the next generation of robotics technology to compete in a booming global industry alongside Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal