ROCKY HILL, CT -- (Marketwire) -- 12/12/12 -- 401(k) Marketing, a division of Futurity First Insurance Group, now offers training and marketing programs in support of National Life Group's SecurePlus VIP Fixed Indexed Annuity®, an annuity exclusively for 401(k) retirement plans.
Financial professionals who help retirement-minded employees participating in 401(k) plans face a particular challenge: finding a conservative investment option inside the plan that protects employees from outliving their money. The insurance industry's popular fixed indexed annuity (FIA) has always been a possible answer to this dilemma, but until now was not available in this market.
All that has changed with the introduction of National Life Group's SecurePlus VIP Fixed Indexed Annuity. And, now 401(k) Marketing has launched a vigorous, robust training and marketing initiative to provide agent/advisors who are dedicated to the retirement and 401(k) plan markets with all the tools needed to confidently and competently implement this product option for the benefit of employers and employees alike.
"We are honored to have been chosen by National Life Group and its member company, Life Insurance Company of the Southwest, to help them introduce and grow this critical retirement planning option among employers and employees who want to create secure retirement outcomes over the long haul," explained Michael Kalen, CEO of 401(k) Marketing. "Our training and marketing program is designed to be a model for excellence in the industry as this offering becomes more recognized and popular."
Why is a FIA an important option for 401(k) plans? "The biggest demand we see from agent/advisors and their clients is the need for a guaranteed lifetime income in retirement," answered Kalen. "Mutual funds and other investments are important in a portfolio for growth and income, but they cannot provide the security of income that the FIA can and this security is what many employees and employers want to include in their 401(k) plan as a savings option."
In addition to offering a guaranteed lifetime income option, there are other important features of the SecurePlus VIP annuity including:
•Payroll deducted contributions and transfers to other options inside the 401(k) plan •Adding the FIA doesn't reduce other investment options, it's simply another menu choice •Electronic recordkeeping helps keep administration fees low •Portability of the annuity should the employee separate from the company •On-line monitoring, management & information for employers and employees •No cost riders for nursing home care and a death benefit in approved states
In a recent press release, Carl Lutz, Vice President, Retirement Division, National Life Group said: "There is no other solution offered on a 401(k) platform in the market today that provides annuitants with a solution for systematic accumulation and systematic distribution for their retirement savings. In addition, annuitants will have peace of mind that their premiums paid and interest earned are protected while they retain total control of their retirement savings to cover unexpected expenses and to provide for their beneficiaries."
For more information on the training and marketing program offered by 401(k) Marketing, please call 877-319-2078.
National Life Group® is a trade name of National Life Insurance Company, Montpelier, VT, Life Insurance Company of the Southwest (LSW), Addison, TX, and their affiliates. LSW is not an authorized insurer in New York and does not conduct insurance business in New York. Each company of the National Life Group is solely responsible for its own financial condition and contractual obligations. Guarantees are dependent on the claims paying ability of the issuing Company. The SecurePlus VIP fixed indexed annuity is issued by Life Insurance Company of the Southwest. Securities and variable products can be offered solely by representatives registered to offer such products through a broker/dealer. Life Insurance Company of the Southwest neither issues nor underwrites securities or variable products. SecurePlus VIP is Policy Form No. 8891(0910), along with Rider Form No. 7965, 7966, or state variations thereof. Not available in all states.
Most Popular Stories
- Portland's Arts District to host theater festival from June 26-30 [Sun Journal (Lewiston, ME)]
- Sex as a battlefield ; Although his fiction is at times overwhelmed by descriptions of women's bodies, James Salter is capable of a simmering, near- biblical intensity. His new novel does not do justice to his art
- The perfect children's film: a Western with aliens, Moses and true love ; Few things inspire children more than movies, so what are the favourite childhood films of actors, directors and producers at the Cinemagic festival?
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Top 10 concerts from Sands Event Center's first year
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love
- As 'The Office' ends, other workplace shows find a big TV audience
- Local comedians carve own path to fame with Valley-wide circuit
- BRIEF: Carole King to be honored with Obama-hosted show, Gershwin Prize
- 'Iron Man 3' makes $1 billion worldwide, $300 million domestically