Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc., a leader in natural gas, alternative fuel systems and clean propulsion vehicle technologies, today announced the launch of pre-assembled, quality tested and fully-validated natural gas storage modules and system assemblies for quick integration on to a variety of vehicle platforms.
The new integrated systems leverage Quantum's industry-leading Q-Lite(TM) ultra-lightweight, carbon-composite gaseous fuel storage technology and expertise in safety-critical structural design, high strength materials and topology optimization to provide intelligent lightweight systems that maximize on-board fuel storage and contribute to superior fuel economy, handling and low emission performance.
"We are pleased to provide fully-integrated and pre-assembled advanced natural gas fuel systems to our OEM and fleet customers," said Brian Olson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Quantum. "Quantum has a strong and innovative record in vehicle engineering and system integration as demonstrated by successful launches of various General Motors natural gas vehicle production platforms, hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, military hybrid electric vehicles, electric vehicle prototypes for the US Postal Service, and the Fisker Karma plug-in hybrid vehicle."
Developed at Quantum's technology campus in Lake Forest, California, Quantum's advanced natural gas storage systems provide dramatic weight reduction, increased fuel storage capacity, and the capability to quickly integrate these systems. Quantum combines more than 15 years of system integration experience with strong expertise in software, calibration, fuel system integration, emission and durability testing, validation, and manufacturing capabilities.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio