OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/12/12 -- His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, will receive the credentials of three ambassadors and one high commissioner on Thursday, December 13, 2012, at 2 p.m., at Rideau Hall.
His Excellency Tuncay Babali
Ambassador-designate of the Republic of Turkey
His Excellency Nirmal Kumar Verma
High Commissioner-designate for the Republic of India
His Excellency Vadym Prystaiko
Ambassador-designate of Ukraine
His Excellency Akan Ismaili
Ambassador-designate of the Republic of Kosovo
Upon their arrival in Canada, and before they can carry out their duties as heads of mission, new ambassadors, as well as new high commissioners of countries for which Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is not head of State, must be officially welcomed by the governor general of Canada. High commissioners representing countries for which The Queen is the head of State are formally introduced to the prime minister of Canada.
Credentials are the official documents by which new heads of diplomatic missions are presented by their head of State as their official representative. Currently, there are more than 140 heads of diplomatic missions accredited to Canada.
Media covering the ceremony must contact the Rideau Hall Press Office, and must arrive at the Princess Anne entrance no later than 1:45 p.m. on the day of the ceremony.
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter.
Rideau Hall Press Office
Most Popular Stories
- Snowden Among Potential Pulitzer Prize Winners
- Nevada Rancher Discusses BLM Beef With Glenn Beck
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- What You Need to Know About Tax Day
- Pay TV Subscriptions Expected to Rise
- Boehner Mocked for 'Electile Dysfunction'
- U.S. Consumer Prices Rose Slightly in March
- Facebook Plans Mobile Payment Service