OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/12/12 -- His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, will receive the credentials of three ambassadors and one high commissioner on Thursday, December 13, 2012, at 2 p.m., at Rideau Hall.
His Excellency Tuncay Babali
Ambassador-designate of the Republic of Turkey
His Excellency Nirmal Kumar Verma
High Commissioner-designate for the Republic of India
His Excellency Vadym Prystaiko
Ambassador-designate of Ukraine
His Excellency Akan Ismaili
Ambassador-designate of the Republic of Kosovo
Upon their arrival in Canada, and before they can carry out their duties as heads of mission, new ambassadors, as well as new high commissioners of countries for which Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is not head of State, must be officially welcomed by the governor general of Canada. High commissioners representing countries for which The Queen is the head of State are formally introduced to the prime minister of Canada.
Credentials are the official documents by which new heads of diplomatic missions are presented by their head of State as their official representative. Currently, there are more than 140 heads of diplomatic missions accredited to Canada.
Media covering the ceremony must contact the Rideau Hall Press Office, and must arrive at the Princess Anne entrance no later than 1:45 p.m. on the day of the ceremony.
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter.
Rideau Hall Press Office
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row