Avis Budget Group has been inducted into the Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) Hall of Fame for its ongoing support of women-owned businesses. Presented by the American Institute of Diversity and Commerce, the national award honors companies, organizations and individuals that have demonstrated exemplary leadership and support in the success of women's business enterprise initiatives.
"We are committed to operational excellence and that entails embracing diverse suppliers," said Ronald L. Nelson, Avis Budget Group chairman and chief executive officer. "This commitment has enabled us to form great partnerships with hundreds of women-owned, minority-owned and small-businesses who have contributed to our success. We are proud to be named to the Hall of Fame."
Avis Budget Group has a long-standing tradition of supporting diverse suppliers. The Company is a member of the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and has been recognized as one of America's Top Corporations for Women's Business Enterprises for 12 consecutive years. Avis Budget Group is also a corporate member of the Airport Minority Advisory Council, the Billion Dollar Roundtable, the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin, the New York & New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc., the National Minority Supplier Development Council, the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the United States Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce, WEConnect Canada, the Women's Presidents' Educational Organization and the Women Presidents' Organization.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?