Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, ill with a virus, won't lead the U.S. delegation to the Friends of Syria meeting in Morocco Wednesday, a spokesman said.
Deputy Secretary William Burns will go to the meeting in Marrakesh in place of Clinton, who has a stomach virus, CNN reported.
"We will let you know when she shakes this bug and resumes a public schedule," State Department spokesman Philippe Reinnes said.
The Friends of Syria is an international diplomatic collective of countries and and entities that meets periodically to discuss the situation in Syria, where anti-government protesters have engaged in a bloody fight to try to oust President Bashar Assad since March 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Cabot Street Cinema in Beverly for sale
- The Commercial Appeal, Memphis, Tenn., John Beifuss column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Travel Startup Localeur Expands to Houston
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?