Norman resident and country music star Toby Keith is on Forbes' annual list of highest-earning music stars. Riding in at No. 10, he tied pop star Justin Bieber with $55 million in estimated earnings in 2012.
Keith's high-paying gig sponsorship with Ford has entered its second decade, and added to his successful Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill restaurant franchise and his top-selling album, "Clancy's Tavern," helping him sell out tour stops, Keith is the only Oklahoman in this year's top 20.
Rapper Dr. Dre doubled that earning to take the top spot with $110 million estimated earnings in 2012. Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) is No. 2 with $88 million and Elton John takes the third spot with $80 million.
Also, Keith recently released a new video for his latest single, "Hope on the Rocks," the title track from his latest studio album.
The video was directed by Michael Salomon, who may be most famous for his work on Metallica's 1989 "One" video with Bill Pope.
Salomon has won Country Music Television Director of the Year awards for his work with Keith, Trisha Yearwood, Brooks & Dunn and others. He also directed Keith's 2008 movie "Beer for My Horses."
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Thad Cochran, 76, Seeks 7th Senate Term
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead
- How Monthly Jobs Reports Move the Markets' Needle
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- WTO Makes Progress on Trade Deal
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data