Norman resident and country music star Toby Keith is on Forbes' annual list of highest-earning music stars. Riding in at No. 10, he tied pop star Justin Bieber with $55 million in estimated earnings in 2012.
Keith's high-paying gig sponsorship with Ford has entered its second decade, and added to his successful Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill restaurant franchise and his top-selling album, "Clancy's Tavern," helping him sell out tour stops, Keith is the only Oklahoman in this year's top 20.
Rapper Dr. Dre doubled that earning to take the top spot with $110 million estimated earnings in 2012. Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) is No. 2 with $88 million and Elton John takes the third spot with $80 million.
Also, Keith recently released a new video for his latest single, "Hope on the Rocks," the title track from his latest studio album.
The video was directed by Michael Salomon, who may be most famous for his work on Metallica's 1989 "One" video with Bill Pope.
Salomon has won Country Music Television Director of the Year awards for his work with Keith, Trisha Yearwood, Brooks & Dunn and others. He also directed Keith's 2008 movie "Beer for My Horses."
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Trial Coming Soon for Soldier in WikiLeaks Case
- Ladies in White Group Needs Help From Abroad
- Financial Markets 'Confused' Over Tolls Ruling: VDOT
- Arias Mistrial Denied Despite Withdrawal of Character Witness
- Mile-wide Tornado Rips Up Oklahoma City
- Wal-Mart Misses Forecast
- Darden Competition for Small Businesses Opens
- Heroin Returns in Florida's War on Pill Mills
- Bernanke Predicts Gains From High Tech
- Fleet Week Canceled in NYC