Norman resident and country music star Toby Keith is on Forbes' annual list of highest-earning music stars. Riding in at No. 10, he tied pop star Justin Bieber with $55 million in estimated earnings in 2012.
Keith's high-paying gig sponsorship with Ford has entered its second decade, and added to his successful Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill restaurant franchise and his top-selling album, "Clancy's Tavern," helping him sell out tour stops, Keith is the only Oklahoman in this year's top 20.
Rapper Dr. Dre doubled that earning to take the top spot with $110 million estimated earnings in 2012. Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) is No. 2 with $88 million and Elton John takes the third spot with $80 million.
Also, Keith recently released a new video for his latest single, "Hope on the Rocks," the title track from his latest studio album.
The video was directed by Michael Salomon, who may be most famous for his work on Metallica's 1989 "One" video with Bill Pope.
Salomon has won Country Music Television Director of the Year awards for his work with Keith, Trisha Yearwood, Brooks & Dunn and others. He also directed Keith's 2008 movie "Beer for My Horses."
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- Samsung Launches Milk Music
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu