Getaroom.com, a leading online discount hotel stay company, released today its definitive list of the Top 10 Holiday Destinations for 2012.
The Top 10 Holiday Destinations include:
1. New York City - The Big Apple has rebounded quickly from the effects of Hurricane Sandy to reclaim the number one spot. Getaroom features many quality NYC hotels from $99 a night or less, including the Americana Hotel, Pod 51, and the Jane Hotel. Deluxe hotels such as the St. Giles can be found from $159 a night or less.
2. Las Vegas - It might be chilly in Vegas in the winter, but the deals are substantial, with deluxe suites available for as little as $75 a night.
3. Orlando - Always a popular spot, winter travelers to Orlando can save money and beat the crowds. The Wyndham Lake Buena Vista hotel and the Best Western Lake Buena Vista hotel can be booked for $79 or less on most nights.
4. Miami - Boutique hotels such as the Riviera from $110 a night.
5. San Francisco - The City by the Bay offers temperate weather for those who don't want to deal with snow and want to enjoy many five-star dining options.
6. Chicago - Bundle up against the cold in one of many four-star hotels such as The Allerton Hotel from $89 a night.
7. Washington D.C. - get out of the cold and into one of our nation's historic museums and landmarks.
8. New Orleans - The Big Easy is always a fun time. Look for French Quarter accommodations for as low as $119 a night at the Hotel Monteleone or Bourbon Orleans Hotel.
9. Anaheim - Disney Land hotels available for cheap during the holidays. Enjoy warm but not hot weather and get a deal.
10. Los Angeles - Always a top 10 destination, LA offers great weather and a wide range of accommodations from ultra-luxe to more budget friendly lodging.
Runners up for the Top 10 list include Fort Lauderdale, San Diego, Boston, London, San Juan, and up and coming destinations such as Palm Desert, Sedona, and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
"Escaping winter's grip shouldn't be out of reach for the average traveler," said Robert B. Diener, President and Co-Founder of Getaroom.com. "By following our useful tips and using our great discounts, travelers on any budget can get quality holidays accommodations at substantial discounts."
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief