Filipinos reacted with shock on Sunday to another defeat of their boxing hero Manny Pacquiao, who was knocked out by Mexican Juan Manuel Marcos in Las Vegas.
Pacquiao was floored by Marquez in the sixth round. It was the second loss for Pacquiao, who is also a congressman, in a row, after to losing to American fighter, Timothy Bradley, in a welterweight championship fight in June.
Dionisia Pacquaiao, mother of the boxer said in a television interview that she has accepted her son's lost and expressed her wish for Pacquaio to stop boxing and concentrate in politics and serving the people.
The Philippines come to a virtual standstill every time Pacquiao climbs into the ring.
"Pacquiao was giving a good fight. He was better here than in his last fights but Marquez was really much better," Tim Ramos, a government employee said after watching the fight.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women