Filipinos reacted with shock on Sunday to another defeat of their boxing hero Manny Pacquiao, who was knocked out by Mexican Juan Manuel Marcos in Las Vegas.
Pacquiao was floored by Marquez in the sixth round. It was the second loss for Pacquiao, who is also a congressman, in a row, after to losing to American fighter, Timothy Bradley, in a welterweight championship fight in June.
Dionisia Pacquaiao, mother of the boxer said in a television interview that she has accepted her son's lost and expressed her wish for Pacquaio to stop boxing and concentrate in politics and serving the people.
The Philippines come to a virtual standstill every time Pacquiao climbs into the ring.
"Pacquiao was giving a good fight. He was better here than in his last fights but Marquez was really much better," Tim Ramos, a government employee said after watching the fight.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- House Votes to Sue Obama