The public is mourning the death of Mexican-American singer and reality TV star Jenni Rivera.
The AP is confirming the singer, 43, is dead. She was one of seven passengers aboard a private jet that crashed in Mexico the morning of Dec. 9. According to ABC news, the plane fell off the radar 10 minutes (or 62 miles) after take-off.
Rivera's celebrity friends are in disbelief and have sent their thoughts out to her family via social media.
"Ricky Martin (@ricky_martin): "Esto es triste. Un poco en shock. Mucha paz para su familia."
Jennifer Lopez (@JLo): "So sad!! Praying for Jenni Rivera's children and family and the passengers families. Que dios los bendigan!! Descansen en paz...
William Levy (@willylevy29): "No puedo creer lo de @jennirivera... Mi corazón está con sus familiares. Les deseo toda la fuerza del mundo. Q Dios la tenga en su Gloria..."
Paulina Rubio (@paurubio): "Llevo dsd 9am esperando a mi comadre @jennirivera pero nunca llego seguimos llorando es muy pronto... No hay palabras no hay consuelo."
Wilmer Valderrama (@WValderrama): "Heard confirmed news about our dear @JenniRivera.. this breaks my heart in a million pieces.. it is just a huge loss for our community."
Eva Longoria (@EvaLongoria): "My heart breaks for the loss of Jenni Rivera & everyone on the plane. My prayers go out to her family. We lost a legend today.
Gloria Estefan(@GloriaEstefan): "Our deepest sympathy to the family & fans of @jennirivera & those that accompanied her on what was to be her last voyage. Rest in peace..."
Russell Simmons (@UncleRUSH): "Jenni Rivera died today in a plane crash. May she rest in peace..."
Marco Rubio (@marcorubio): "RIP/EPD @jennirivera. May God grant his peace to her 3 children & all who loved her http://abcn.ws/TM7hOF #banda #jennirivera."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women