A billboard message posted by a California millionaire who was looking for a "Latina Girlfriend" was removed, likely by vandals, police said.
The billboard was put up by La Jolla real estate investor Marc Paskin, 62, Thursday in the Barrio Logan area of San Diego, KNSD-TV, San Diego, reported.
The billboard's massive message was gone by the weekend.
It featured a picture of Paskin's face and a note that read, "All I want for Christmas is a Latina Girlfriend," and it gave his email address.
The billboard stirred controversy in the neighborhood. Some people people found it offensive. Others thought it was lighthearted and comical.
By Friday, half of the sign was removed.
Then, during the weekend, the entire message was gone, the TV station reported.
Employees who worked near the billboard told KNSD-TV they believed a group of young people may have removed the billboard's contents.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006