A billboard message posted by a California millionaire who was looking for a "Latina Girlfriend" was removed, likely by vandals, police said.
The billboard was put up by La Jolla real estate investor Marc Paskin, 62, Thursday in the Barrio Logan area of San Diego, KNSD-TV, San Diego, reported.
The billboard's massive message was gone by the weekend.
It featured a picture of Paskin's face and a note that read, "All I want for Christmas is a Latina Girlfriend," and it gave his email address.
The billboard stirred controversy in the neighborhood. Some people people found it offensive. Others thought it was lighthearted and comical.
By Friday, half of the sign was removed.
Then, during the weekend, the entire message was gone, the TV station reported.
Employees who worked near the billboard told KNSD-TV they believed a group of young people may have removed the billboard's contents.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?