A billboard message posted by a California millionaire who was looking for a "Latina Girlfriend" was removed, likely by vandals, police said.
The billboard was put up by La Jolla real estate investor Marc Paskin, 62, Thursday in the Barrio Logan area of San Diego, KNSD-TV, San Diego, reported.
The billboard's massive message was gone by the weekend.
It featured a picture of Paskin's face and a note that read, "All I want for Christmas is a Latina Girlfriend," and it gave his email address.
The billboard stirred controversy in the neighborhood. Some people people found it offensive. Others thought it was lighthearted and comical.
By Friday, half of the sign was removed.
Then, during the weekend, the entire message was gone, the TV station reported.
Employees who worked near the billboard told KNSD-TV they believed a group of young people may have removed the billboard's contents.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison