COLUMBIA FALLS, ME -- (Marketwire) -- 11/09/12 -- Wreaths Across America (WAA) is enacting a 21-Day Salute, recognizing groups and individuals who exemplify the mission to Remember, Honor and Teach. The organization has a goal to place a wreath at every headstone at Arlington National Cemetery, but they have a dream that people across the country will share the mission of WAA for generations.
On the ninth day of our 21-Day Salute, and with Veteran's Day this weekend, it seemed appropriate to honor the woman who is as much behind the scenes as she is in front. Karen Worcester, executive director of Wreaths Across America, is well known as a passionate champion and spokesperson. Karen tenaciously works to find unique, impactful ways the organization can best Remember the fallen, Honor those who serve, and Teach our children that our freedoms come at a great cost.
Wreaths Across America, true to the vision that Karen and her husband, Morrill Worcester, conceived 20 years ago, has become a worldwide gesture of gratitude to veterans and their loved ones. Karen has listened to the stories of veterans here and gone, and families and volunteers -- in her words "nearly 900 personal stories" she can recount. Her heart is big and her tears flow freely. Through the strength of these stories, and because of the generosity of spirit and goodwill of thousands of dedicated volunteers, Karen continues her work with Wreaths Across America.
Embedded Video Available
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2148579
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
To speak with Karen directly and learn more about Wreaths Across America, please contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?