WASHINGTON, DC -- (Marketwire) -- 11/09/12 -- As the election season winds down, hotels near the White House are preparing for the inauguration. As travelers get ready to attend this monumental ceremony, they'll need accommodations that are conveniently located near all the action. The Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/Downtown offers an amazing location, spacious rooms and great amenities.
Among hotels near the US Capitol, this is downtown DC hotel is just 1.13 miles from the Capitol, offering an easy walk to view the swearing in on Monday, January 21, 2013. After the swearing-in ceremony, guests can watch the parade along Pennsylvania Avenue, which is a short six block walk from the hotel. In addition if guests are planning to attend one of the balls, the Fairfield Inn & Suites is just five blocks from the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Only two blocks from the metro station and steps away from restaurants and shops, the hotel's location is also ideal for fun things to do before or after the inaugural events.
The hotel's spacious accommodations feature upgraded bedding, complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV, and spacious work desk with plug-in panel. Rooms with two queen beds or kings with a pull out sofa are available . The 24-hour amenities include a complimentary business center as well as a fitness center. Located in the lobby, the Market is also open 24 hours, and the complimentary continental breakfast offers hearty and healthy selections. For lunch or dinner, the Irish Channel Pub features excellently prepared pub fare in a casual and relaxed atmosphere.
If looking for group accommodations downtown Washington, DC, travelers should ask about the hotel's discounted group rates of 10 or more. Please contact the sales office to book your group of 10 or more by calling 202-697-4004. If not booking a group that size, please visit the hotel website at www.marriott.com/wasfc or call 202-289-5959.
About the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/Downtown
Located in the heart of the nation's capital, Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, D.C./Downtown is a completely renovated hotel in boasting chic hotel rooms. Among hotels near Washington Convention Center, the hotel offers an incredible location steps from the Verizon Center, Judiciary Square and Gallery Place/Chinatown metro station servicing the yellow, red and green lines. Nestled in Chinatown, one of Washington, D.C.'s most vibrant neighborhoods, the accommodations are also conveniently close to museums, national landmarks and attractions such as the White House, Smithsonian Museum, National Mall, Washington Monument, U.S. Capitol and Lincoln Memorial. Guests can enjoy all of this without sacrificing stylish comfort and a great value with complimentary continental breakfast and high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2148535
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/Downtown
500 H Street NW, Washington, DC 20001
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'