Online travel giant Priceline.com is buying its younger competitor Kayak.com for 1.8 billion dollars, the companies said Thursday.
The 40-dollar-per-share deal represented a 29-per-cent premium on Kayak's closing price and a 54-per-cent premium on its initial public offering just four months ago.
The deal was backed by both boards of directors but still needs shareholder approval.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women