Online travel giant Priceline.com is buying its younger competitor Kayak.com for 1.8 billion dollars, the companies said Thursday.
The 40-dollar-per-share deal represented a 29-per-cent premium on Kayak's closing price and a 54-per-cent premium on its initial public offering just four months ago.
The deal was backed by both boards of directors but still needs shareholder approval.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise