Online travel giant Priceline.com is buying its younger competitor Kayak.com for 1.8 billion dollars, the companies said Thursday.
The 40-dollar-per-share deal represented a 29-per-cent premium on Kayak's closing price and a 54-per-cent premium on its initial public offering just four months ago.
The deal was backed by both boards of directors but still needs shareholder approval.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans