US President Barack Obama will make a statement Friday on his plans for the US economy and efforts to avoid the painful combination of tax increases and spending cuts due to take effect at year's end.
Negotiations over the so-called fiscal cliff will be among Obama's biggest immediate challenges after winning re-election this week.
The remarks were scheduled for 1:05 pm in the White House's East Room.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists