US President Barack Obama will make a statement Friday on his plans for the US economy and efforts to avoid the painful combination of tax increases and spending cuts due to take effect at year's end.
Negotiations over the so-called fiscal cliff will be among Obama's biggest immediate challenges after winning re-election this week.
The remarks were scheduled for 1:05 pm in the White House's East Room.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign