US President Barack Obama will make a statement Friday on his plans for the US economy and efforts to avoid the painful combination of tax increases and spending cuts due to take effect at year's end.
Negotiations over the so-called fiscal cliff will be among Obama's biggest immediate challenges after winning re-election this week.
The remarks were scheduled for 1:05 pm in the White House's East Room.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings