CIA Director David Petraeus resigned Friday, citing an extramarital affair, NBC News reported.
The retired U.S. Army general has served as CIA director since June 2011.
Prior to that, he was the top commander on the ground in Iraq, and the top commander in Afghanistan following the retirement of Gen. Stanley McChrystal.
Petraeus turned over the Afghan command to Gen. John Allen in July 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down