CIA Director David Petraeus resigned Friday, citing an extramarital affair, NBC News reported.
The retired U.S. Army general has served as CIA director since June 2011.
Prior to that, he was the top commander on the ground in Iraq, and the top commander in Afghanistan following the retirement of Gen. Stanley McChrystal.
Petraeus turned over the Afghan command to Gen. John Allen in July 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say